- This guide describes how to setup the registration of end unit breaks on a production activity. This is used to stop a unit break, started by a user, when a production activity happened.
You can read more about breaks in How to use the "break" button
Go to the Configuration ->Data source page:
Select the unit you wish to setup the registration for(The units here are examples and are different from yours):
Click the Add button:
Select End break on production:
Configuration of Stop Code
- Name: The name of the event server, that is collecting the data.
- DIAP Tags: The DIAP tags is where the production activities are collected from. The structure of the name is [DIAP]-[PLC]-[Tag]
- End break on: The condition for ending a break on a unit, if there is an active break on the unit. There are the following conditions:
- Increasing: End the break on a unit, if the readings from one of the selected tag in DIAP Tags is increasing.
- Decreasing: End the break on a unit, if the readings from one of the selected tag in DIAP Tags is decreasing.
- Change: End the break on a unit, if the readings from one of the selected tag in DIAP Tags is changing.
DIAP tag data type
- Type: Double
The expected data type is decimal numbers like : 0.0, 0.1,1.0, 1.2
Example - End break on
End break on is set to Increasing. A user starts a break on a unit, the last reading was 10 then a reading of 11 happened. In this scenario the unit would have had these stops:
For End break on set to Decreasing:
For End break on set to Change:
Example - Configure end break on production
Select a name for the event server, that is collecting the data. Here we called it "EndBreakOnProduction":
Select the DIAP tags, where the data comes from. Here we selected "dev00225 - Demo - Tag 1" and "dev00225 - Demo - Tag 2":
Select a condition for ending a break on a unit. Here we used "Increasing":
When you are done, the configuration should look something like this(But with your values):
Click Save to save the configuration:
Now you have a configuration for ending breaks on production activity.
Start collecting data
When you have made your configurations in the Data source, then you need to start the event server for the configuration, so the data get collected.
Go to the Configuration->Data source status page:
Select your unit:
Click the switch for the event server with the configuration:
Then the light turns green and the Last run timestamp is updated, when your event server has run your configuration for the first time:
That it. Now your configuration are done and you are collecting data.